Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tues. Sept 1 and Thurs. Sept 3

Now I can finally say, VA Beach is almost here! 3 days to go!

The past 16 weeks have been full of memorable runs, some not so memorable runs, great conversation, a couple of blisters, lots of stretching, a few aches and pains, lots of Gu chomps, dirty running hats, squishy shoes, Target $9.99 tanks, my new love of Nike tempo track shorts and so much more!

Our last two runs were 4 miles (Tues) and 2 miles (Thurs.). The 2 miles today didn't even feel like a run - I was just starting to wake up and we were done.

It's exciting and kind of sad that it is all coming to a close this weekend. I'm excited to run (and actually run the whole way) a half marathon this Sunday and do it with all of the Janes. I'm sad because it's going to be over. I think we are all pretty determined to keep running - maybe not quite as organized, but still a couple of times a week. I have loved the camaraderie that I've gained, plus I feel like I'm a better runner from all of this training.

I was thinking today ... how many times have I run up and down the Grease Alley Hill? 16 weeks x 2 times per run x 2 times per week (minimum) = 64. That's it? We were laughing today, because that hill never really gets much easier!

Off for now ... the next post will be from VA Beach!

2 comments:

  1. 64?! God, that's depressing! and kind of impressive at the same time. ?

    64?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was emily, not "kenneth". ;)

    ReplyDelete