Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday, May 22

We met today at 7:30 to do our first official run for the VB training program. I was scheduled for 6.5 as were several of us, so there was a nice group running together. The entire class was doing some portion of the same course so it was nice to have 15 or so people out there.

We had a prettty cool start and overcast skies, so that is always nice. We started off and got into a good groove at a good pace pretty early. About 2 miles in, I could tell that this I didn't feel as good as I usually do. My allergies started acting up yesterday and I could feel it today. My head hurt and just felt kind of phlegmy. Yuck.

I had to slow down a bit from my "pack" and even walked for a bit. As much as I didn't want to walk, I just felt like I had to. Liz did make this course extra hilly for us (hi Liz!), so I was struggling a bit after repeating those same hills for the 2nd time. But, I did it and I finished and it was OK. A little rain this afternoon and 2 advil seems to have helped the sinus pressure.

I had estimated my pace to be around 11:00 and I was a bit faster at around 10:40. I was surprised that even adding a little walk break didn't slow my time up dramatically.

Distance: 6.59 miles
Time: 01:10:23 ~10:40 / mile
Fuel: Pre run: oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup of coffee. During: 4 Gu chomps and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment