Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thursday and Saturday

I met the group on Thursday morning for a 3.5 mile run. We ran near the park and it was a nice little run. The shorter distances are almost harder because by the time you get in your groove, you're almost done. I will say that the Grease Alley hill doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times I run it.

Distance: 3.52 miles
Time: 37:04 ~ 10:31 / mile
Fuel: Pre run, a banana I think!

Saturday, we had our long run and I had 7 miles on my plan. We did the Latham greenway course which is a nice change of scenery. Used to run this a lot when I trained for my very first 10K so it always brings back memories.

Several of the Janes met up for drinks and Sex and the City 2 last night so some of us were a little more tired than usual. We were worried it was going to rain last night, but we started with a few clouds and the sun popped out by the end.

I felt good on this run, but I did slow up when we turned around. Maria and I were running a little faster on the start and we needed to slow down a little.

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 1:14:04 ~ 10:34/mile
Fuel: Pre-run oatmeal & 1/2 banana; during: Gu chomps

No comments:

Post a Comment