Saturday, July 10, 2010

This week

I had a good run on Tuesday. We were kind of in a pack, with the "fast girls" behind us. Maybe we all felt a little bit of pressure to go faster, but no one passed us and we didn't die. ha.

Tues. July 6
4.54 Miles
46:15 ~ 10:11 / mile

I overslept on Thursday so I missed our group run at 5:45. I had good intentions of fitting it in later that day, but it just felt like work exploded around me. So, I set out on Saturday for our 9 mile run after not running since Tuesday. That was probably my first mistake.

My asthma has also been flaring up the past couple of days and I actually had to take my inhaler during the day (and I never have to do that.) I guess mentally I was worried about the run and if I would have an issue with my breathing.

I took my inhaler and packed it for the run just in case. We started our run and hopped on a trail at the beginning. It was nice to do the trail, but my legs always feel so heavy for a while afterwards. We decided to keep going on the greenway to avoid hills in the park. I felt ok on the way out, but once we turned around I just felt like I lost steam. I gu'ed, but just never felt like I got my oomph back, so I walked for a bit and a few longer walk breaks than I wanted to.

I ended up feeling OK, but just not feeling as good as I wanted or how I usually feel.

Saturday, July 10
9.61 Miles
1:47:29 ~11:11 / mile

Just realized that I haven't been writing about my fuel during runs and I've been on a PB sandwich kick, either on sandwich thins or regular bread and sometimes I'll add 1/2 banana, especially for longer runs or if I'm not taking the last banana in the house. I just can't do that to my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment