Saturday, July 24, 2010

This week ...

I met some of the group for two 5:30 AM runs this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Both were fine ... it was warm, but maybe we're getting "used" to it.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report on either one.

Tuesday
5 miles
52:26 ~10:29 / mile

Thursday
5 miles
53:11 ~10:38 / mile
I woke up at 5:12 and somehow amazingly made it on time. I'm still impressed with myself.

Saturday
I knew it was going to be hot, but I was still surprised to walk out my door around 6:00 AM and it was already noticeably warm.

We had 10 miles ahead of us and I was a little wary about tummy issues again, but I'm happy to report that everything was great this run.

We did a route with some new parts and some familiar. We did 3 miles on the Hamilton Lakes trail and that was a nice change. We had a couple of people to fall and that is always unnerving that you may be next. I think the rocks and roots just jump out at you.

Heading back on Holden wasn't as hot as I had anticipated and Chip was a great leader and good motivator when we were on that long, gradual hill. I would also like to applaud his ability to move sticks out of the way all while running.

I was Garmin-less this run due to dead batteries, but all in all, I think I ended up a little over 10 miles and around 1:45 time. Not too shabby as it put me right at a 10:30 pace. So, go me. I wasn't sure if I could hang with the "fast" group, but it's nice when someone else (hi Liz) believes that you can.

Saturday
10 miles + a little over, I think.
1:45 ~ 10:30/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment