Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday, August 7

11 miles on the schedule today and we lucked out with the weather. Plus, we lucked out with low humidity, so it was just about perfect.



We started out with a pretty large group, probably 8-9 of us all running together. I soon realized that I wasn't going to be able to hang with them throughout the entire run. Or if I did, I wouldn't be feeling great at the end of the run. So, I was slightly behind the group which was mentally frustrating even though I knew it was for my own best interest.

I felt good throughout the run, and felt like I was pushing it a bit, but OK.

I Gu'ed around mile 4, ate a mini Luna bar around mile 8, and drank a small cup of Gatorade at some point near the park ... mile 6?

I definitely could have kept going today for a couple more miles, but of course as soon as Garmin hit 11 miles, I stopped!

The details:
11.00 miles
1:52:17 ~ 10:12 / mile.
So, this was the fastest I've run all week. I think it's supposed to be the opposite, but I'll take it. I felt so much better today in the low humidity than the pea soup that we had on Thursday.

Fuel:
Pre-run: 1/2 cup coffee, sandwich thin with peanut butter and half banana, water
During: 1/2 pack Gu Chomps, mini Luna bar, water, G2

So, here's to half marathon distance next week ... bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment