Sunday, August 22, 2010

15 miles!

I was an anything higher than 13.1 mile virgin and well, I lost that on Saturday.

My original plan called for 13 miles on Saturday, but there were several people who were going up to 15 and I wanted to see if I could do it and I did it. This is also great preparation for the 3-Day walk, too. 15 miles done ... whoo-hoo!

It was actually a very good run, with the exception of the last mile or so. Someone told me that your body wouldn't know how to react once you went past 13 (or whatever mileage is your highest) and that was true. I could feel myself slowing down and really had to think about what I was doing so I wouldn't get sloppy. But, I did it and felt pretty good. I was surprised at how quickly the miles went by. We got to mile 7, then to 10, and it hit me that I was really going to be able to do 15.

My Garmin froze at 11.66 miles, so that stunk, because I'm a little OCD about using the Garmin for miles/pace, etc. My time kept going, but no pace and no distance. Chip had the same problem, but he was able to restart his so that made me happy.

Now, it's taper time and in 2 weeks, race day. Wow.

Distance / Time:

15.00 miles
2:36:20 ~ 10:25 / M

Fuel:
Pre run - 1/2 cup coffee, water, sandwich thin with PB and 1/2 banana
During - Gu chomps, 1/2 of a mini Luna bar, water, gatorade at stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment