Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good runner, bad blogger

I keep forgetting to update this, but I really am getting in my miles.

Saturday called for 12, but I had talked to Liz about doing 13, so that's what I did.

All in all, it was a good run and I felt strong throughout. The last 3 miles seemed long, but manageable. It was overcast and humid.

The first half was actually pretty easy. I made it into Spencer Love, did the parking lot, stopped at the bathroom, and noticed I was the first of the 13 milers coming through. I still don't know how that happened, but it did.

When I made it back into GMP, Liz let me know to do an extra loop of the Visitor's Center because our mileage was a little off and I ran with her friend Laura. It was nice to have the company. She was only doing 12, so I did the loop by myself and met her back at the cooler. We had a sip of gatorade and headed on home.

By then, I was ready for the run to be over, but I just tried to focus on staying strong, not getting sloppy, and keeping a decent pace.

I was pretty proud of how I finished up.

Time/Distance
13.1 miles. I didn't mean to run the extra 1., but I was glad I did.
2:15 ~ 10:18/mile

Fuel
Pre-run: Sandwich thin with PB and half a banana, water, 1/2 cup of coffee
During: 1/2 pack of Gu Chomps, mini Luna bar, water, gatorade at stop.

I ran in the Brooks Ravena's and I like them ... I had done a few runs and one walk in them, and so far so good. I'm debating about buying another pair to break those in for the race and the Komen walk instead of my old Brooks. I also ran in my Moving Comfort skirt and that did great as well. It was about my 3rd run in that, but my first long run.

1 comment:

  1. You're a rockstar! I love that you are feeling so strong! Keep it up, mama.

    ReplyDelete