Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday, August 8

Wowee, 10 miles. I think I should start posting about our long runs earlier in the day because by the time it gets to be evening, I can't remember all the details. So, here goes nothing.

We started out at what felt like a very slow pace this morning. I'm not saying that we should be bustin' it out of the gate, but I just felt like I was barely moving. My legs felt a little heavy and I was wishing that I could just have a sip of coffee to get a little caffeine.

We got on the greenway and spread out and before I knew it, we were on the rolling hills and heading toward the park. There was a little snafu once we got to the park ... do we stay? Do we turn around? What do we do? Luckily, E said ... let's go do a loop in the Visitor's Center and everyone followed. Liz made it over there and we actually ended up going back for one more loop. It was a little confusing, but it was fine. No hills. We did our Gu's - somewhere around 3.6, I think.

I think the Gu must have given me the little boost that I needed and before I knew it, we were back in BMP. E and I chatted the whole way, we saw some interesting runners (the barefoot guy, the guy that shouted out that we were a better looking group than his running group, walkers, baby Braxton, etc.)

We had decided that we were going to try to finish on the greenway and avoid the slow and painful hill by the driving range. We were at 7.25 miles and I wasn't 100% sure that we had enough greenway to do this, but then we realized we did. I swear, don't give me math and running combined with early morning. I just can't do it. It's awful - I feel like an idiot, but it just doesn't work in my head!

We were moving right along, good conversation, we got to the turnaround point and were heading back. I started having some pretty bad cramps and was pretty worried that I needed to stop and run for the bushes. Ugh. I debated to E if I should stop and walk and she said no. In retrospect, that was the right thing to do. Walking would have made it 100 times worse. We hauled booty, E. told me some inspiring stories about her college Volleyball coach and before we knew it, the Garmin finally rolled to 10.00.

And we stopped.

Whoo-hoo! 10 miles done.

I'm a little sore in my right hip. Just finished some stretches for that and both of my blisters acted up a little bit. I did use my moleskin today, but something must still be rubbing.
I'm a little worried that they may act up on all of my long runs, but hopefully they either won't be too bad or maybe they could possibly heal up before then.

DISTANCE: 10.00 / 1:52:26. Best long run time so far! Whoo hoo!
FUEL: Pre-run: Whole wheat tortilla, peanut butter, banana and water. During: Gu chomps, water. And we don't want to talk about after, but there was a yummy burger from Natty Greene's and a little chocolate mint ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment