Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wed. August 5 & Thurs. August 6

Tuesday

We had a hill workout last night that was actually sprints, drills, and hills! The drills were ok - things like we used to in boot camp. We then did the sprints that were actually up a hill, so we really almost did 8 hill repeats.

The first sprint was great - I had a burst of energy and really pushed it. I'm sure you can guess how the other three turned out! Yep, not so good. We then moved onto the hill repeats. They are just hard. No way around it, I always feel like I'm struggling.

We did a 5 minute jog afterward and seeing the lightning strike in the distance made us all hustle to get done. Luckily, we were in our cars when the drops starting falling.

Total distance: 2.39 miles. I was surprised we actually did that much.
FUEL: Handful of Annie's bunnies and 1/2 pack of GU Chomps. Not one of my finer nutritious meals!

Wednesday

We met this morning for 5 miles. Oh, I was about 2 seconds away from texting E. and going back to bed. But that required walking down stairs to get my phone and I knew by then, I should just get up and do it. I just feel like I'm trying to get a cold and I keep trying to tell myself that exercise will blast it out. It totally sounds like something my Mom would have told me as a kid, so we'll see if it works.

Today's run was OK. I felt pretty steady the whole way and we kicked it up a bit at the very end. Just not one of those runs that I loved, but I didn't hate it either. I think I was talking the entire time, but it just seemed to get me down the path a little quicker. I hope I'm not becoming "that girl." I guess I'll take the hint if everyone starts wearing their iPods again!

DISTANCE / TIME: 5.01 miles / 55:31
FUEL: Trying out Liz's idea of a whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter and 1/2 banana. Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment