Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wed. August 19 & Thurs. August 20

I didn't run on Tuesday morning (Maddy up all night long = Mommy with no sleep = Mommy too tired to drag her ass out of bed at 5:00AM to run).

So, I decided I would go on Wed. night with the scheduled pace run / show & go.

Wednesday -

First, it was hot.
Second, I hadn't eaten a lot that day.
Third, I kept up with Liz, Susan L., and Abbie for the first mile.

Needless to say, this wasn't one of my better runs and I couldn't really run a faster pace, because I had already been running a faster pace. I ended up doing 4.25 which was still respectable I guess, but I just didn't feel good doing it.

I just hate having bad runs this late in the game and it makes me worry about the heat & humidity for Va Beach. Oh well ... I will happily stay in denial that at 7AM on race day we're somehow going to have cool temps and overcast skies. A girl can dream, right?

DISTANCE / TIME: 4.29 miles / 45:31


Thursday -

So I met our small group of ladies on Thursday and this time, it went better. It was still humid, hot, and muggy. I don't think I had a dry spot of clothing when we were done. We were a much smaller group than normal. I think everyone is over training at this point and just trying to get through it. This was our last "long" run for the weekdays, so it's nice to look forward to an easy 4 miles next week.

We ended up going 5.5 of our scheduled 6. We made it back to the parking lot and we could have run circles in the parking lot or gone to GA. Neither sounded good and no one was dying to do another half mile, so it all worked out well.

I received my confirmation for the race last night, so that is always exciting to see it in print. I put my finishing time at 2:20. Not so sure about that anymore, but I don't think it's too far off to switch it either. I'm still debating about signing up for one of the pacing groups ... need to ask the other girls.

Now, to stay positive for the big 13 on Saturday! It is crazy to think that I'm running a half marathon (give or take a tenth of mile) in 2 days! And then another one in two weeks!

DISTANCE / TIME: 5.51 miles/ 1:00:53
FUEL: Pre-run: waffle with peanut butter and 1/2 banana, water. During: 1/2 pack of GU chomps.

No comments:

Post a Comment