Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday, July 18

Nine miles! Whoo-hoo! I'm still kinda impressed with myself because not only did we run 9 miles today, but we didn't walk at all. Even through Gu, and having issues getting mine open, and up CP hills, and seeing other Janes stopped for Gatorade for a few seconds, but we kept going. Whoo-hoo!

I'm also pretty impressed that my distance is over 21 miles this week. I'm sure that is where it's right supposed to be, but it just sounds like a lot to me.

I felt good today - it seemed a bit hard to get in a zone at first and we were trying not to go too fast, but I felt like once we got over to GMP that I felt more in our usual mode.

Lots of chatting today definitely helped. E and I both laughed that it's amazing what a good conversation about baby names will do for a run. I think I may have looked at my Garmin only 4 times today and I used to check it every half mile!

I did trip (?) on a little stick (???) and kind of rolled my ankle, when we were almost on the home stretch. Luckily, any pain went away while we were running and I don't feel anything at all now. My knees still feel a little tender, but I'm hoping that will go away as well. I plan to stretch out better this afternoon

It's nice to have long runs where you feel accomplished, tired at the end, but not quite ready to quit. I really think if someone would have told me that I had to go ahead and finish a Half today, that I could have done it. I think I would have been tired and have sore knees, and would have needed one more Gu, and probably needed a running buddy, but I think I could have finished.

DISTANCE / TIME: 9.10 miles / 1:45:09
HOW I FELT: This was a good run. I felt like I kept a good, consistent pace and felt good throughout the run. Even my evil hills at CP didn't seem as bad as usual.
WHAT I WORE: Brooks shorts, blue c9 shirts, OLD C9 bra = bad idea because I forgot that this one rubs. Note to self - throw it away!
FUEL: Pre-run: 1 piece whole wheat bread with PB, banana, water. During: Gu chomp blocks at around 3.5 miles and 6 miles, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment