Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday, July 26

Yesterday was the first Saturday in quite some time - 10 weeks maybe? - that I haven't gone on a run.  All morning and into afternoon just didn't feel "right" and I think it was because I hadn't gone out for a morning run.

Long story short ... my friend, K. was supposed to come and visit and would be leaving on Saturday morning, so I asked Charlie if we could trade running days (my Saturday for his Sunday).  He agreed, then our entire plan went downhill.  Unrelated to running, but K's daughter got sick and they didn't come, Charlie's car window was shattered with a BB gun, so he spent Saturday morning talking to the police instead of running with his marathon group.  I digress.

I met E. and M. today at 6AM to do our 9 mile run.  I actually felt better than I normally do most early mornings and was really looking forward to a good, long run.  

We set out to do an out & back course.  I felt a little stiff at first and I blamed it on my massage. I'm still a little more sore than I think I normally am, so I think that is what is has to be.  My feet are very sore ... no idea why.  It was a nice, quiet morning and the scenery is nice.  There were a handful of other people out on the greenway.

I got into my groove and felt good.  Luckily, E. asked if it was time to Gu and it was.  I had my Gu Chomps pinned to my shorts which actually worked out OK.  It almost seemed like as soon as we had Gu'ed that it was our turn-around point.

We headed back and when we got to the "hills", I really think I walked up them.  I was "technically" still running, but oh was I feeling slow.  I was tired and I think we all were by then, but we knew we didn't have that much further to go.

When we made it to GA, we heard a Whoo-hoo and Liz and Kari were behind us.  As E. said, nothing like your coach running up behind you to give you some motivation to not stop!  Liz said that we looked great as she effortlessly ran past us.  

We hit the 9 mile mark, and finished up at 9.07 miles.  Overall all, I felt really good.  A few aches and pains - mainly knees, hips, and feet.

DISTANCE / TIME:  1.43:55 / 9.07 miles
FUEL:  Pre:  Whole wheat mini bagel with PB and banana, water.  During:  Gu chomps at 3.5 ish and 6.5 ish miles.
WHAT I WORE:  Nike shorts, C9 top, new Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment