Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday, July 30

Where has the month gone? It has flown by ... probably because I am running 3-4 days a week!

We met today at o dark thirty ... fifteen minutes earlier to accommodate my scheduling. Thank you, E & M! E & M wore headlamps so we could see our way down GA. I think I would have been in a state of panic had they not had them. There was a funny moment when we thought there was a fallen tree ....

We did 5 miles and how do I say this without sounding like a weird-o? It was easy, but it also seemed long. We made it to our turnaround point and back towards the park (that seemed quick), but heading back down GA seemed to take forever. Never ending almost. We made it up the dreaded hill, and then we were done. Whoo-hoo!

The one thing that has me perplexed is that I feel like I may be getting a blister on both feet! Argh. I have 2 calluses (normally), but they seem pretty tender and puffier ... like they are possibly going to blister. I knew I felt something on the run. I don't know if my shoes were damp from last night's somewhat rainy run or if my socks somehow twisted. I wore the same shoes and same kind of socks that I always do. Oh, I hope that I'm not going to get blisters ... I've made it this far without them and really don't want any now.

DISTANCE / TIME: 5.01 miles / 56:28
FUEL: 1 piece whole wheat bread w/ PB, water

No comments:

Post a Comment