Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday, July 8

I went to the hill repeats tonight. I had been thinking about them all day long and probably not in a good way!

There was a small group of ladies there, so we did a loop of walking to warm up, then came back and did our stretching and a short run to warm up. We met Liz at the HILL.

She told us that for the ones of us who had done them two weeks ago that we would be doing 5 repeats tonight. Great. I wish Liz didn't have such a good memory.

We all ran one up to the speed limit sign and then back down to warm up and then we were ready to go. None of this 10 second, 20 second, etc. Liz ran with us carrying her clipboard and stop watch and made it look so easy.

It was kind of nice to have our times and I did get faster each time. My last hill I managed to do in 55 seconds with all the rest being over 1 minute, so that felt pretty good. Didn't feel good at the time, but I felt accomplished.

I do think they are helpful, but they still hurt in the process. Mainly my breathing is what is hard ... my legs don't hurt while I'm doing them, but my lungs do. Oh, and the next time we do repeats, it's 6 times up the hill!

DISTANCE: 2.13 miles
HOW I FELT: Breathing was hard, but that was to be expected. The last two really felt like I had a weight pulling me backward. I feel OK now, but I bet on Friday I'll be sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment