Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday, July 15

And the 3 short miles that would never end ...

I met Debbie and Emily for an easy trail run tonight that seemed to take us forever. The trail part was fun ... even though there were some pretty steep inclines and a few real root-y places, I still think trails are fun. I am slow as Grandma these days, but it definitely brings me back to my days at Yellowstone.

When we finished up the trail, we were only at 1.6 or 1.8 miles ... I can't remember, so we headed down by the golf practice range and back up toward the pool. I think we all felt like we were running in circles and we probably were!

Nice to mix it up a little and I do think I'm spoiled to run in the mornings when it's cool versus in the heat and humidity.

DISTANCE / TIME: 3.05 miles / 36:55
HOW I FELT: I felt good on this run, a little slow after the trail portion, and then just a little mental that we were running in circles to finish out our three miles.
WHAT I WORE: I tried out my new Nike shorts and I loved them. I was a little worried that they would be too short, but they were great. Charlie had picked them up for me on one of his Off N Running visits, so I was worried that they wouldn't fit right. I may definitely be getting more. Just wish they had a bigger pocket(s) for Gu.

2 comments:

  1. hubby buys you running shorts? just because? he totally gets a gold star.

    it was a yucky run but at least we logged 3 miles we don't always log, ya know?

    see ya bright and early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the hubs did buy me running shorts, but he wouldn't pick out a top. He said I was too picky! Meeee? Too picky?!? : )

    ReplyDelete