Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday, July 16

Met my group of crazy running girls at 5:45 for our 4.5 mile run. I was expecting to have cool air hit my face this morning, but no such luck. It was humid right from the start.

I'm not feeling as blah about my run on Tuesday, but it still wasn't my most favorite run ever.

It's strange ... if you would have asked me last year at this time to run 4.5 miles, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. I also had two babies in the NICU, and a big ol' twin skin pregnant looking tummy, but that's for another post. Now it almost seems somewhat normal. That part makes me proud, but I wish that I could get that runners high that everyone talks about.

One woman did comment about how clear your head feels when you run and I guess that is true. Sometimes during the run I don't notice it as much, but I do think that I am overall a less stressed person when I am running. I think during the run, sometimes my mind is all over the place. True ADD at it's finest, but after I probably am a little more clear.

TIME / DISTANCE: 4.5 miles / 49:58
WHAT I WORE: I had to try out my new Nike shorts again since this run was a little different than the trail run. Love them! I may get a little thigh-rubbage because they are a little shorter than my usual shorts, but I love that they don't ride or move around. I may need to invest in some of that body glide stuff so I don't get chaffed on a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment