Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday, June 13

Today was our long run with the class with a distance of 7 miles. We actually did about half of our mileage on trails at BMP. I had never been on them and I will say, it brought me back to days of working at Yellowstone and trail running. Sadly there were no bison at the end of the trail. I really enjoyed it and I have to wonder if my short legs / stride are better suited to trail running ... it's definitely a different "feel" than pavement, but it was nice to break it up. I did feel like I had lead weights in my shoes once we got back on the Greenway, but it didn't last that long and I could get back in a groove.

I felt good today ... it was warm, but OK. Towards the end, I ran up the hill by the education center and then walked for a bit before finishing up running the home stretch. Not too bad, since I had run pretty much the entire way.

DISTANCE / TIME: 7.04 miles, per the Garmin and 1:22:46, an average of 11:45 per mile. Not too bad, considering some of the trails were slower.

HOW I FELT: I felt good today. The trails were a nice break to change it up a bit, enough hills to keep me honest, and a fair amount in the shade which was very welcome today.

FUEL: Pre-run, I had a mini whole wheat bagel, a banana and some water. I need to pick up some peanut butter to have a little more protein ... we are out and I didn't want to use the almond butter, due to a tummy "issue" that I had the last time I ate it pre-run.

CLOTHES: I wore my C9 short and tank from Target, and old Brooks. I need to start wearing my new Brooks so I can have them broken in for the race.

Alright, it's definitely shower time to clean up my muddy calves!

1 comment:

  1. you are funny! I like it. PS. I had a whole wheat mini bagel this AM too.

    ReplyDelete