Sunday, June 21, 2009

Saturday, June 20

We met earlier today at 7AM for our seven mile run with Charlie Engle.  He was incredibly nice and just seemed like a down to earth guy.  I really cannot imagine how he trains for what he does, but when it's your full time job, I know you have to be committed.  

So, it was very hot starting off, but we were on the go by 7:30 if not before, so it was nice to go ahead and get started.  I felt good for about the first 4 miles, but when we came back in to do the loop around the pond, I was starting to feel pretty sluggish.  I walked the hill and then started to run again and was able to run the rest of the way in to the SL parking lot.

When I came back in by SL, I needed to visit the bathroom so I went ahead and stopped.  I hated to miss the rest of the group, but nature was calling.  We were supposed to do our Gu then, so I just took an extended break.

So, I Gu'ed and hit GA.  Still feeling slow, but OK.  There was a breeze by then, so that was a welcome relief.  I think I walked for a few seconds on GA, but ended up running the rest.  I finished up right at 6.99 miles (per the Garmin) ... I ran past the rest of the group as they were already enjoying gatorade, but I wanted to make sure I had done by 7 miles.  Oh, I hate the Garmin sometimes!

DISTANCE / TIME:  7 miles, 1:17:21, 11:03 pace  I think I may have started out quicker than I thought I was, because that is a a little quicker than my long runs usually are.

HOW I FELT:  Overall, Pretty good to OK, depending on the time.  Once we were done, I felt fine and recovery wasn't bad.  Just times that it was really hot and I felt like a snail were pretty bad.

FUEL:  Mini whole wheat banana with peanut butter, banana, and some water.  Gu around 5 miles.

WHAT I WORE:  Brooks shorts, Moving Comfort top, old Brooks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment