Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday, June 24

First off, I should say that everyone should visit the hair salon before a run because you will feel like a rock star with your shiny hair and everyone telling you how great it looks. Only when I pay someone to make it look that way, people.

So tonight was a hill repeat workout with the group. Chris Justice (need to look him up on FB) led our group with the following schedule.

1 mile warm-up around the parking lot.
Hill repeats
10 seconds
20 seconds
30 seconds
All the way up the hill, then 4 more times all the way up the hill (I think).

Liz kept moving back every time. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

The first two I felt great. Easy-peasy. I may have gotten a little cocky.
30 seconds was a little harder, but it still seemed good.

Well, the first time all the way up and I was trying to keep up a good pace and about 3/4 way through, I thought I was going to die. OK, not die but maybe wheeze to death. I really wondered if anyone else could hear my heavy breathing.

By the last one, my legs really felt heavy and it was hard to stay in proper form. All the people in front of me made it look so easy, but I really thought it was hard.

We did another mile run that was at a pretty easy pace, but I was definitely feeling slow.

All in all, I would definitely try them again to get stronger, but it was a hard workout. I also found this article on why to do hill repeats and I think I like the last answer the best!

DISTANCE/TIME: 3.72 MILES, My time 46:26 (with watch left running)
HOW I FELT: Good until that first "all the way up", and then I thought the hills were pretty awful. Legs felt heavy during the mile run in parking lot.

1 comment:

  1. you busted it out girl!!! so proud. I want to be fast(er) like you and Em!
    Them there hills were HARD!
    and 3.72...I need to adjust my calculations!! LOL

    ReplyDelete