Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June 15

So the "crazy girls" as Jules has named us had decided to meet at 5:45 AM to run today. I have no idea, but the 15 minutes seemed like an hour earlier even when we all admitted that we had gotten up around the same time.

When I was on my way to the park, it was drizzling, but didn't seem too bad. Once I pulled in the parking lot, it was starting to rain pretty steady. We all set out in the rain for our 4-mile route and it honestly wasn't that bad. With the trees, we received a bit of relief and the temperatures were fairly cool so it felt pretty good.

I ran with E and we got into our groove chatting and I was wondering about all the other crazy people out there running in the rain. I have to admit, you pretty much feel like a bad ass to be out there that early and running in the rain.

My Garmin didn't work right this morning, but we ended up a little bit faster than last week. I'm sure that rain made us speed up a bit. We also think that we may speed up on the final leg of the route on GA ... I know we're supposed to maintain our normal tempo, but I think we may have sped up a little.

All in all, it was a good run. I felt good throughout, but I was happy to get into the shower and enjoy a hot cup of coffee when I got home!

DISTANCE / TIME: 4 miles, 44:15
HOW I FELT: Good and soaked when through.
FEUL: Banana and water

No comments:

Post a Comment